Back To Blog
- Take the whole family down to the Amesbury Town Park complete with new splash pad, playground, and surrounded by acres of gorgeous woods. The park is located between Friend and Highland Streets in Amesbury. Free.
- Walk the Newburyport Harbor Walk & Clipper City Rail Trail and see beautiful views of Newburyport Harbor and downtown. Find more information at www.cityofnewburyport.com. Free.
- Visit Maudslay State Park - try to spot deer, Great Horned Owls, or the famous Bald Eagles that are nesting there. There are also beautiful gardens in full bloom. Bike in for free, or $5 to park.
- Take a day trip to Plum Island. Plum Island is famous for its beautiful beaches, but did you know it holds the oldest private airfield in the USA? And a historic lighthouse? You can also go fishing, birding, biking and more. Some fees may apply, visit: http://newburyportchamber.org/pages/PlumIsland for information.
- Go berry picking! Strawberry season is wrapping up, just in time for the blueberries and raspberries to ripen - visit one of the many amazing local farms in the area and walk and explore - and pick up some locally grown produce while you are at it. Cider Hill Farm in Amesbury or Tendercrop Farm in Newbury are great farms for the whole family: http://www.ciderhill.com/ and http://www.tendercropfarm.com/. The cost of the berries.